Monday 9 January 2012

Oxygen!!

After a really good couple of months out in Iten I'm now back home in the UK. I finished my training in Iten with a mega positive 10km tempo run, nearly 3 minutes quicker than I have ever run 10km at altitude and I think quicker than I have ever run a 10km tempo in training anywhere, so I'm really excited about racing now!!

As always with the Kenyans it was a rush to Eldoret airport to catch my flight as Edwin and myself took a detour on route to say goodbye to Ken Kibet and family and Mary Keitany and family. I took the opportunity to get Mary to sign an Adidas vest for Toby Lambert at Alton Sports.

Mary with the vest
I did my first run back at sea level this morning and it was an absolute joy! My friend oxygen was readily available and it just felt so nice not to struggle on an easy run!! The only problem was I couldn't feel my hands by the end of the run, far too cold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment