Friday 9 March 2012

Back from Portugal ready for Bath

After a month of glorious sunshine I got off the plane at Stansted to be greeted by wind, rain and cold weather. Relatively pleased with how my training panned out in Portugal and have been feeling good since my return earlier this week.

The apartment I rented was in an area of the Algarve called Quarteira and was fantastic value for money, plenty of room and all the facilities I could ask for. The only problem with the apartment was that once the sun went down and the temperature dropped it was freezing! I guess all the houses and apartments in that area are designed to stay cool through the hot summer months and hence have very little insulation and no heating. The only solution to the cold was to wrap myself up in blankets like a little old lady, not cool but it worked! Some photos of the apartment below:

Living Room

Bedroom

Kitchen

View from the Terrace
This weekend I will be competing in the Bath Half Marathon, my second time doing this race after coming third in 2009 in what at the time was my pb, so I only have good memories of the race, I will try to make some more good memories on Sunday!

Racing at Bath in 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment