Monday 10 October 2011

Tiptree Champion..... Nearly Essex Champion.....

Another step forward in training this week as I took part in the Tiptree 10. Some unexpected competition in the form of Kent ACs James Connor who recently came fourth in the Bristol Half marathon. Fortunately for me James was using this race as a marathon pace training run (aiming for 52.30) so I used him as pacemaker especially into the wind in the second half of the race, then with about a mile and a half to go I pushed on getting the win in 52.22.



This year the Tiptree 10 was also the Essex 10 mile Championships and as I am eligible to run for Essex I was looking forward to receiving my county gold medal. Unfortunately as I couldn't find my club vest (I think it's waiting for me in Kenya) I got disqualified from the county championship race :-( not sure what difference wearing a Winchester & District AC vest would have made but rules are rules I guess!

Back off down to Torqauy this week as I need some proper hills to run up, Essex is far to flat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment