Tuesday 16 August 2011

The long slow road to recovery

First post for a while as I haven't had too much to write about. First things first, the beard has gone, much to my mothers delight.

With Beard
With Moustache (definitely now gone!)
My injury seems to be clearing up and last week I managed a total of 4 miles for the week, consisting of 4 x 1mile runs. On each run I still had some discomfort but every day it takes a bit longer for the discomfort to start. This week I have upped the run length to 2miles, it's all going in the right direction but it's going to take some time before I'm firing on all cylinders.

On a brighter note, I purchased myself a second hand but pretty much brand new road bike and have been keeping fit with cycling and absolutely loving it! I have to keep reminding myself that I'm a runner not a cyclist, but like I say at least it's keeping me fit.

My new bike (the smaller red one)

No comments:

Post a Comment