Monday 22 August 2011

Longest Run, Longest Ride

A vast improvement on the injury and last week I managed about 25miles in total with a longest run of 40 minutes yesterday (Sunday), I followed this with my longest bike ride to date, a 143mile round trip from Tiptree to Southwold (and back).

Lunch stop in Southwold
The weather was absolutely perfect for a nice long ride, warm but not too hot with only a slight breeze, and Southwold was a great stop for lunch where I had the best sausage roll ever, it was worth cycling there just for that!!

So with my injury nearly cleared up I can concentrate on building the miles up and getting back into some sort of shape. I think a marathon this year is probably out of the question but I'm sure I can start racing again in a month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment