Sunday 10 July 2011

Back in Winning Ways....

After the flight from Nairobi I finally arrived at my parents house at around 19.30 yesterday (Saturday 9th July), a short jog and some strides to help get the journey out of my legs then an early night before my first race for a while, the Felsted 10km.

Shortly after the start of the Felsted 10km
I wasn't expecting too much in this race but felt fine on the warm up. Soon after the start it was clear I was going to have a lonely run. The first half of the race was fairly flat and I passed through half way in around 15.25, the second half was a lot more undulating slowing me slightly as I finished in 31.20ish. Always nice to win a race and it's given me a good boost to my confidence, I'm sure I can get close to 30mins in my next few races, which will put me in a good position to start marathon training in August.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the win Tom. From another follower from the other side of the world (Australia) who is enjoying vicariously living the dream of your training and adventures.
    cheers
    Simon

    ReplyDelete