Monday 9 May 2011

Thanks for the ride...

Another eventful weekend started off with a rush to catch various trains starting at Morgate tube station and ending at Farnham via Gatwick. After a days work at Alton Sports in Farnham I went for an hour long run with Mr James Ellis over the army grounds around Farnham, some really good off road runner to be done around the Aldershot area. James then dropped me off at the Wise family household who had very kindly offered to put me up for the night (thanks Clare).

Sunday morning I was working in Alton so decided to run to work from Clanfield. If you drive from Clanfield to Alton on the main roads it is roughly 19miles, I decided to go cross country and ended up zig zagging all over the place, some amazing scenery and a great run but after 2hours 20mins I still had five miles to go and would have been late for work so decided to have my first ever go at hitch-hiking! Luckily this worked a treat and about the third car that went by stopped and this lovely family dropped me right to the door in Alton :-)

Always makes running worth while when you get views like this


Another hour run in the afternoon with Toby Lambert probably pushed me over thirty miles for the day, my biggest mileage day ever, and I felt pretty good on it! On Sunday Toby had booked me into the White Horse in Alton to spend the night, a very comfortable bed, peaceful room plus 30 miles of running meant I slept like a baby for 10+ hours.

This week I have a physio appointment and then hopefully back to some serious training.

No comments:

Post a Comment