Friday 25 March 2011

Kamogich - The Place To Be...

With only the long run to go I think I will survive this weeks training, then it's time to freshen up with the London Marathon only three weeks away. Pretty much all the hard work has been done now and by pushing too hard in training there is the chance of injury or doing too much and not being fresh enough when it's race day.

This time next week I will be on the plane back to the UK, I can't believe my time in Kenya is nearly up, it has been a better experience than I ever imagined and already I am looking forward to coming back later in the year.

One of my favourite places in Iten is the Kamogich Plaza, this is one of the few multi-storey buildings in Iten and houses the Hill Side Hotel which serves the best tea and chapati in town. You can pretty much guarantee you will bump into some top athlete when you visit and it's definitely the place to be seen in Iten. I have got to know all the waitresses now and have had a number of marriage proposals from them which I have politely declined even though some of them are very persistent! I don't think I will ever be able to buy a Starbucks again when you can get a nice tea and chapati to less than 20 pence!

No comments:

Post a Comment