Thursday 3 March 2011

Ticking Along

Can't believe I will be back in the UK in less than a week, time sure does fly when your having fun! Today I did my last full session before the half marathon, a "fartlek" of 25 x 1min hard, 1min easy over an undulating course here in Iten. My legs were a little tired from my session on Tuesday but apart from that I felt quite relaxed and for once had my breathing under control even up some of the steeper hills.

On Saturday I will do a 25km run with the ladies in order to keep myself from pushing too hard and then next week is all about getting as fresh as I can for the race.

My friend Gav Smith and his wife Lauren arrived in Iten the other day, it was nice to see them both, they seem like they were itching to get back out here and I can't blame them. They are running some camps out here so if you fancy seeing what it is like to train in Kenya you might want to get in touch with them: http://www.traininkenya.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment