Wednesday 2 February 2011

Personal Pacemakers

Having been in Kenya now for over a month I feel I have settled in well and got to grips with the training, I'm now on my personalised training plan which means I'm actually training harder than the Kenyans I'm living with as most of them are “only” half marathon runners when I go the full distance. So this week started with a 90 minute good pace run through the forest then an easy 40min run in the afternoon. Tuesday morning was our track session where I was allocated my own personal pacemaker! We were doing 10 x 1000m and having the pacemaker helped a lot as I could relax more rather than struggling to try and keep with the group. On the 9th and 10th reps I actually dropped my pacemaker, the first Kenyan I've beaten in a track session out here :-) Easy 50 minute run in the afternoon.


Lunch nearly everyday consists of rice and beans


Since I have been in Kenya it had only rained twice but last night we had a real storm, this meant that this mornings 90min run was like a cross country, my shoes weighed a tonne, I was absolutely exhausted by the end of it. Now for some food and sleep then an easy 50 minute run this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment