Friday 11 February 2011

Time for a rest

I've been out of internet credit for a while so slow on the updates this week, sorry about that.

This weeks training has been very tough, there is no way I could train like this and hold down a full time job, I am just too tired to do anything else. Monday morning was a 50 minute Kenyan hills session, Tuesday we had a track session of 12 x 600m, 12 x 400m, Wednesday morning was a run for 1 hour 50 minutes and Thursday morning was a 12km tempo run. Add to all this easy running every afternoon, 7000ft altitude and endless hills then you get a very tired Thomas! Still all is going well and I'm getting quicker on each session. Some of the group have started getting worried that I will be beating them soon, I definitely keep them on their toes and it's really good motivation for me when I start catching them up.

I can't believe I've been here over six weeks already, so far the experience has been brilliant, I'm really glad I got the opportunity to stay on a real Kenyan camp and train full time with these guys, it looks as though quite a few of them will be racing in the UK and Europe soon and will be interesting to see how they run and how quick someone that can run 63 minutes for a half marathon up here at altitude can run on a flat fast course at sea level. It is 4 weeks on Sunday that I race in the CPC half marathon in the Hague, I still haven't got a clue how I'm going to run but hopefully all this hard work pays off as a personal best would give me great confidence going into London.

30km run tomorrow morning, hopefully my legs have recovered slightly from this weeks training and I can run quicker than I did two weeks ago. Then after the run I am going to watch a volleyball tournament and on Sunday lunch with Mr Finn and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment