Monday 10 January 2011

Hills, Hills, Hills!!

So this morning we had been running for about 20minutes at a nice pace, I was feeling ok and enjoying the run, then suddenly we stopped in the middle of a long hill, I thought maybe we were waiting for someone to meet us, but it dawned on me as they started drawing a line in the dirt that we were about to start a hill session! 47 Minutes of “Kenyan Hills” later and I lay exhausted on the floor but this was my best session yet, I'm getting closer to the Kenyans session by session and enjoying every minute of it. Long slow jog back to the camp for a well deserved breakfast and rest.

In the middle of the hills session some of the ladies from the UK Athletics group jogged past, I guess they must have arrived yesterday, I'm sure I will bump into them sooner or later as Iten isn't a big place.

Here is a picture of the start of the cross country on Saturday:


Picture kindly taken by Markus Roessel


Recovery run this afternoon and then back to the track in Eldoret tomorrow morning for a track session.

No comments:

Post a Comment